Kayak tour: Terms & Conditions /General conditions.
We in FjordSeal value you highly as a customer. Together with our guides we will do our utmost to provide a friendly atmosphere whilst having with a fun, relaxing and safe experience.
- These “Terms & Conditions” apply for any booking.
- FjordSeal observes strict health & safety procedures, however when dealing with nature there always exists an element of risk. Please be aware that kayaking do carry a small degree of risk.
- Safety instructions will be given before every tour; all our guests must agree to follow these instructions.
- FjordSeal or our guides cannot be held responsible for personal injury, equipment loss or damage when this is caused as a consequence of not following instructions given.
- Any lawsuit against FjordSeal or any of our guides must be carried out in a Norwegian court, following the laws of Norway.
- All our guides are trained in First Aid. On all tours they bring safety equipment, first aid equipment and communication devices, mobile phone or VHF.
- We reserve the right to make changes to the schedule or to cancel any tour or arrangement due to health, safety and weather conditions.
- We reserve the right to make changes and adjustments to these terms and conditions without prior notification to any client. We will do our utmost to fulfill the terms that you agreed upon when booking. Cancellation policy is not changeable.
- We recommend all guests to have their own personal travel / medical insurance.
- Please be aware that tours that are booked for a specific time period are not subject to a ”cooling off period” according to Norwegian consumer law.
- By paying for a tour we will assume that any client have read and agreed to our terms and conditions.
- Please be aware that, though we believe the client is, most of the time, right, we adhere to our company policy and maintain the right to refuse service to anyone who exhibits any or all of the above criteria.
Booking and payment
Our daily scheduled kayak tours have to be booked and paid in advance; in our webshop; by phone to 0047 95774196; bye-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. All bookings are payable by VISA or Master Card.
- The booking is binding when payment is done. Please print the confirmation voucher for proof of transaction and bring this with you to our base.
- Bookings done online in web shop - must be paid 100% in advance
- All invoices are liable for a 5% interest charge when overdue, minimum fee is NOK 100, if invoice is not paid within due date we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
- Guided tours are VAT free.
- Child price is between 7 and 14 years. If client purchases a child price tours to obviously older children the guide is required to ask for proof of age for this child Bookings done via e-mail.
- If client cancel before tour start, the following refund will apply:
- The 25% non-refundable deposit will not be refunded.
- If you have paid 100 % in advance the following refund rates will apply:
- Over 60 days before departure date: 75 % of any balance paid will be refunded.
- 59 to 30 days prior to departure 50% of the trip cost
- 29 or fewer days prior to departure 0% of trip cost.
- From any refunds we will deduct NOK 120 for international bank transfer fees
- Once the tour has started there is no possibility for rescheduling. We reckon a tour as started at the given meeting time, 10 to 15 minutes before departure. This is valid even if there is only one person booked on.
- Please make sure to be in place 10 to 15 minutes before tour starts, if you are late the group may leave without you. If this occurs we will not refund or rebook your tour.
- If a client knows that he/she will be late, be advised to call in well in advance and we will do our best to book you onto another tour. Be aware that any rebooking is subject to availability and not guaranteed.
- To make cancellations, please send the booking confirmation by e-mail to email@example.com . Please state your own and your banks name and full address, bank account number with IBAN and SWIFT / BIC codes for repayment.
- We reserve the right of Force Majeure if an event beyond our control prevents your booking from being fulfilled. These are events and circumstances which we cannot, even with due care, have foreseen or avoided. Such events may include, but are not limited to, war, threat of war, civil commotion or strife, hostilities, strikes or other industrial dispute, natural disaster, fire, act of God, terrorist activities, technical problems with transportation, closures of airports, ports and/or ferries, quarantine, epidemics, wind and weather conditions, government action or other events outside our control.
- If a Force Majeure situation occur, refunds will not be issued, we will do our best to reschedule your tour
- Cancellations by FjordSeal in advance of tour: We offer a new tour later or refund 100 %, we do not cover international bank fees.
- Rescheduling can be agreed for up to 2 years after the agreed upon tour or rental, it can also be handed over to friends or family.
Health and fitness
Though our regular scheduled tours are not strenuous, we highly recommend that you arrange personal travel/ medical insurance. Please advise your guide if you have any physical conditions that may affect your enjoyment of our kayak tour. As we have a guide ratio of 1 guide per 10 guests, we are normally able to tailor the pace of the tour which enables you to paddle at your own pace. If you are after strenuous exercise, please be aware that our regular tours are not meant to be this, you will be asked to adjust your speed to the other clients and the guides pace.
Weather and safety
Our tours are in wilderness environments and will be affected by the weather. The weather in the Fjords of Western Norway can be very changeable both to temperatures and type of weather. On our tours you might experience both sunshine, rain, wind, calm and a variety of temperatures on the same day. We recommend bringing warm and waterproof clothing.
FjordSeal operates strictly with a no-impact profile. Our tours have zero emissions and will leave only ripples in the water as a sign that we have been in an area. We do not use disposable plates, cups or cutlery. We aim to reduce vehicular transport down to an absolute minimum. We purchase CO2 quotas in order to be a zero emission company.
FjordSeal has a policy of training and employing local guides. We aim to employ at least 50% local guides and instructors. Every season we have local youths in as trainee guides. All FjordSeal Guides are either qualified trough the Norwegian Canoe Association (NPF) or British Canoe Union (BCU)). All guides must have a 8 hour First Aid qualification.
For the daily tours we have a minimum number of 2 clients and maximum 10 per guide. Children aged 7 to 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Equipment On all tours we are using stable and spacious double kayaks. All clients will be equipped with paddle, paddle jacket, spray skirt. As a general rule no clients on tours paddle single kayaks. We always give a safety and skills instruction before the trip starts.
It is not possible to take with you animals on the tour.
We are located on the beach in Marifjøra, find FjordSeal Kayak on Google Maps.